March 24, 2005

30 weeks today .. ahhhh

On one hand time has passed rather quickly, yet at the same time it feels like we are going backwards.

The great car shopping has begun. We've gone from big SUV to small SUV to van to Midsize SUV to we may as well buy ourselves all ATVs and attach them together like a train. This new vehicle shopping has really done a number on me. Do we buy something we need or something we want? Something we'd really like or something more practical? I mean really our level of coolness will not change whether we are pulling two kids and a car seat our of Dodge Caravan or a Big Durango!

Another issue has been circumcision. I brought it up to the doc at our last appointment and it seems like she was trying to talk us out of it. She said things like accidental cutting of the penis and infection that seemed to make JJ squirm in his seat. I really thought it was the best thing for us and I think we'll probably stick with the idea but she really freaked us out. She said not many babies were having it done these days ... is this really true?

I haven't gotten any pics of the Buddha belly in a while but I will get some up this weekend. Despite what seems to me like doubling in size in the last four weeks I seem to have lost a pound. Again not impressing my doctor! That brings me to a total weight gain of 5-6 pounds so far. My boss does not believe this is possible .. but it is true. To tell you the truth I think there must be something wrong with her scale also!

Comments:
I didn't have much of a choice in the circumsision decision. Aaron said if it's a girl I'd decide, if it's a boy, he'd decide. So, both boys got snipped. They were pretty uncomplicated and neither boy seemed bothered by it although we weren't allowed in the office and had to wait in the waiting room but we didn't hear any crying and it was over in about five minutes from start to finish. One of my cousins on Mom's side had to get her five year old snipped. So, I'm glad it was done when my boys will never remember that!
Chat later,
Les
 
Thanks Les ... atleast I know there will be two other "snipped" boys out there.

I am pretty sure we are going to go ahead with it if it's a boy, despite the stats the doc gave us. Since circumcision is no longer covered under medical how can it be monitored acuratly? I think we are just going to have to go with our hearts on this one.

All this talk of snipping has me wondering if maybe I shouldn't be wishing for a girl instead .. it would be so much easier!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?