December 12, 2005

Christmas is coming!!!

Every year we sleep at moms house for Christmas Eve. Everyone together that's the way we like it. We eat, we have drinks, we open one special present from mom (which is always pj's) and then we crash ... we pull out the couch, we put sleeping bags on the floor, we sleep in the tub if we have too (poor Derek, always trying to hide from moms snoring). Get ready for it ... this year we are doing it at my house. I have a lot to live up to. Mom is always the best host and now I have to take my turn. There's lots to be done .. decorating, baking! I'm attempting to make a yule log, a peppermint one at that .. can someone tell me how to fold in eggs. I mean who can fold eggs, its liquid. Apparently Martha Stewart is amazing, she even knows how to fold eggs. I can certainly fold a mean napkin .. but eggs??? Not to mention who really has all those crazy attachments for the mixer?? Ok I have to go figure out how to crush candy canes now. HELP!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments:
What a sweet picture of Joeye with the garland. Babies can be so much fun to dress up and pose. H and I did both boys when they could lift their head to lay on the sheepskin after bathtime.
Congratulations on getting to host Christmas. I excel in chaotic situations and therefore seem to host most of our family events. It also saves us from dragging all of our gifts to Edmonton just to haul them all back and then some. Although Dad seems to take over in the kitchen area...who am I to stop him?
 
You are so much braver than me and Jeff to host Christmas...besides I think Les has the palm tree Christmas table cloth...lucky her!!...besides, It's easier for me and Jeff to pack up our things and haul them an hour into town than for Les to haul her 3 boys (come on, Aaron, you are as big a kid as Dad...Spiderman...need I say more) and all the goodies that come with them to my house...and it's not Joey and Alex proof...

Im sure you will do a great job...you must have the gene for surviving all things hectic and crazy going on all at once...

H
 
I was wondering how your egg folding came along? I'm sure you made out fine. Joeye looks so happy to be helping Mommy in the kitchen! You are very blessed.
 
awsome pictures of joeye,send some over to me.oh &by the way i also have all the attachements and i know how to fold in the eggs..UNCLE DAVE.
 
Hey everyone

Please don't ask about the log .. I had to make the icing three times to get it mixed properly and even still I dropped the peppermint extract and it was like we were all eating toothpaste! It did however look absolutely beautiful, which Kelsey says is what matters .. how it looks!!!
 
Gotta love it when a man knows how to fold an egg......I bet such a man would be something to reckon with when yeilding a (turkey) carving knife....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?