January 14, 2006

So we're surviving okay. Well certainly better than I would have predicted. I made stew in the crockpot .. Woohoo I made supper without using the phone. I even made mashed potatoes for Joeye. I have to tell you though, I don't think I quite realized how much work was involved in JJ's half of the chores. Well I do now!

So a big thing for JJ and I when he goes to sea is that he complains that he gets no weekend emails. I'm really not sure why or how, I seem think it must be because we didn't have this computer, I'm not sure though really. Anyway so my little fingers have been emailing away, a couple of times a day. Each time adding pics of Joeye taken as I was emailing, then I checked my junk folder today thinking I would purge everything and there they were .. all the emails I had attached pictures to go sent back. It looks as if the boat will be returning all messages with pictures attached. Here I thought I was doing so good sending off all those emails. Needless to say I forward the emails that came back so when JJ checks his mail on his next watch he should have atleast five or six emails in there. So I'm going to put the pics up on here and hopefully he can come here and check them out.

Here we are wall climbing the weekend before we left.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here's Joeye ripping up the phone book while I try and send emails

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Her chubby cheeks

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Her giving kisses

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ohh and this is the one where her face has the red spots from goodness knows what .. although I think it might just be from drooling all the time

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So off to go figure out how to make chili, I bought like a bunch of stuff to put in it but I think I might be missing spices or flavouring or something. I mean what makes it actually taste like chili?

Comments:
Monica, you are so lucky to have email contact on such a regular bias, even without attached pictures.

When Joe was sailing, all we had was ships' movements, sometimes a phone number when they got into port. Mail was snail mail when they could get it out via the supply ships etc..Often Joe was home before his letters! But it was nice to know he was thinking of us while he was gone. The longest without ANY contact was ~ 6 weeks! Not fun!

'Berta
 
I'm not positive, but I think there is a spice out there called Chilli Powder. Anyone else?????
 
I thought you were kidding about the chilli seasoning...but on the chance that you're not there is actually a chilli powder which makes chilli taste like chilli. If you're more adventurous you could always buy the seasonings for Beef Stew, Sheperd's Pie, Fajitas...those are all pretty easy and taste good too. I usually have some in the cubby for those days when you want to make something quick and easy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?