January 17, 2007

Ok Leslie I'll bite ....

1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others, what would it be?

Reading blogs ... not just the family blogs but all blogs, pregnancy blogs, celebrity blogs, trainwreck blogs, family blogs, book club blogs, parenting blogs, random blogs .. I'm addicted I just can't stop!

2. If you could change one specific thing about the world, what would it be?

I would end all childrens suffering, from abuse to hunger to pedophiles ... children do not deserve to be affected by things and people they can't control. A story I heard on the news about sexual abuse to a baby from the time she was born until she was six months old until it was finally reported, this story has made me stop and realize what an ugly world this has become and it haunts me to this day.

3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most.

Ahh an easy one ... Jessica Rabbit .. please have you guys seen my boobs lately, enough said!

4. If you could live one day of your life over again, which one would it be?

The night I was in labour with Joeye. My pains were about five minutes apart and I sat downstairs eating left over chinese food Mom and Nanny brough me earlier that day .. if I had a do-over I would not eat the rice. To this day JJ laughs at me for being in labour and running around the halls of the maternity ward with one of those open shirt thingys looking for a place to barf!

5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person, who would it be?

My Grampy Sobey. His death was unexpected to me and I never had the chance to go see him and say goodbye. My last memory is of him sticking a quarter and a caramel in my pocket.

6. What is one thing that you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you had back?

Please the apple does not fall far from the three and my mom taught me to thrown away nothing! Even if I did try and throw something out mom would take it from me and bring it to her house, so even if I did regret trying to throw something away I could go to mom's and pick it up again. Dr Phil says we need counselling for this one and we'll look into it when we run out of storage.

7. What is your one most important contribution to this world?

I would have to say my kids .. I'm sure everybody is saying their kids, but really that's the best work I've done. Yeah definitely my girls, but enough already when should I stop contributing .. JJ says (because of my raging hormones) he feels I've done my fair share it's time to let others contribute.

8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?

I can touch my nose with my tongue .. my Auntie Bee and Uncle Dave taught me to do that!

9. What is your most cherished possession?

Wow that's a hard one. I would say my husband, my rock but JJ would kill me for saying I owned him .. so my next cherished possession would have to be my pictures. They tell my life story. My old ones, my more recent ones. I sit down and look at them over and over again and laugh, sometimes cry.

10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up?

Wow so many people have influenced my life. My whole family has played a role in who I am today from the fear of Uncle Paul to Auntie Brenda's cool Pat Benetar look .. from the role of Uncle Dave as my father figure to my mom doing what she had to for her kids .. (what are you trying to get me crying today .. not hard to tell I'm pregnant eh) ... the person who influenced my life the most was Kelsey. I was so young when I had her and she showed me so much about myself, but she taught me unconditional love.

11. What word describes you better than any other?

Obsessive .. about everything. I have to think and re-think, make several lists about my lists, over analyze to death and ridiculous over-excessive research. It drives JJ nuts. It has it's good points though .. I saved us tons of cash on our van purchase, but I think I'm driving him crazy with this house thing!

That was hard and some parts a major crying fest, I need to go get a grip but in the meantime, so what's the idea I tag other people? Okay how about the people that aren't posting lately, so that way we'll know they are still alive ... Henry, Melanie and Mom!

Comments:
Thanks cuz for showing some love and keeping the meme going.
Pictures are a big thing for us too...have you seen how many I post?! I think it's important for us and our children and their children to see where we've been, where they come from...
Although if I could delete my bad perm pics from existence I probably would...lol...
 
Heh! you remember when I was cool?
These days I just go for the bitter middle age women look. It works for me, not so much for Garry.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?