May 17, 2007

We could be closing ...

as early as next week, for sure by the week after .. which will be my own birthday. I'm guessing JJ is going to give it to me as a birthday gift .. well guess what I've been carrying around for eight months that he's going to get as his!

JJ's been laying the hardwood floors for six days now. I'm sure this has ended up being a bigger job than he expected. I guess laying about 1800 sq ft of hardwood is a big job .. but what do I know. I know that he's been leaving by 8am and not coming back until after midnight every day. Luckily Derek has been helping him and another good friend has also been there giving them a hand. The guy that's installing our hardwood stairs at the same time also showed him a few tips that I think helped him out. Today should be his last day though. He's working on transition pieces, trim and clean up!

The cabinets are in, the plumbing .. although that is another story in itself. Last minute I had to run out and pick up a new vessel sink because they couldn't wait for the one I had coming in on order .. oh well in the end it may have worked out better to have the new old. The old one was more for looks that practicality and although at first it would have been real pretty .. I can see that keeping it clean was going to become a real pain fast.

I have a pic of the deck outside and a side one of me to show you how alarmingly big I seem to be getting lately. So far I've put on 19 lbs which is a bit less than I did for Joeye so it does give me a glimmer of hope that I won't remain this large forever .. although we'll have to wait and see. Please try not to mind my hair .. I can't explain what is going on in this instance but normally I look pretty cleaned up, or atleast I like to believe I do.

I will update soon with pics from the inside!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments:
Seriously I cannot even believe how bad my own picture is .. okay I am running straight home so somebody can take atleast a somewhat attractive picture of me to post tomorrow!
 
I think you look tired, not like ugly or unattractive, just tired...with 3 kids and a new house being built, who wouldn't be?

That's definitely a boy belly!

I thought when you built a house they did all the work for you? Is it a lot cheaper for JJ to do the flooring?
 
Well the thing is we wanted hardwood and porcelaine throughout the house .. I hate running the vac. So in order to make that come within our flooring allowance JJ installed it. It saved us a ton of money .. mind you I think we're now both grey and balding because of it.
 
Monica, they call that sweat equity! Good for you to go after what you want in your brand new dream home. I love the front porch...what direction is it facing? Morning sun or evening?

Despite being so tired, I bet you are all excited about this move! Between house and baby boy, what a summer you have planned! take the rest of the year off and relax!
 
Monica are you trying to keep up with Dad's belly you still have a ways to go although you still are looking as pretty as always .
House looks good and I know it is a lot of PT (work) it will be worth it in the end and a place to be proud of , hope you have room for me when I come to visit .

Love Dad
 
I love the house, can't wait to see pictures of the inside. Yeah, the hardwood cost us a fortune and we don't even have that much of it. I love the ceramic tile though, that's the way to go.
As for the belly, well, I agree, it's definately a boy belly.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?