June 04, 2008

Why is life so crazy ?!?

Almost every Thursday night I sit on the couch and realize the next day is Friday and wonder where the heck the week went! I am so busy at work that my weeks are actually passing faster than my weekends! I noticed Auntie Berta said time was passing quickly as well. Is this going on with everyone? Is it just that I'm getting older? I don't know what's going on but I wish I knew how to put the brakes on. I can't believe Joeye just turned 3, Joshua will be 1 at the end of the month, this is Kelsey's will be going to High School in September and Caitlynn will be starting her last year of elementary. Have I been sleeping or what? I guess it's just scary to sit back and think of how fast time is passing, and this is time I will never be able to get back ... my babies are growing up. How can that be? I can't even imagine how mom must feel watching her babies have babies ....

Onto other things. Mike has been up helping JJ in the yard. We finally have sod laid in the front! Mike, his friend Mike, JJ, Derek and Mitch basically killed themselves outside trying to get it done before the rain on Saturday, while Amy and I were slaving in the house trying to clean up for Joeye's party on Sunday. Although it was quite a hectic weekend trying to get everything done, it all worked out. I will definitely get some pics up of the grass .. I'm just so proud of it! It was so not fun sun tanning on the dirt. Although I'm scared to death every day I come home wondering whether or not Joeye has dug up a hole looking for her dirt for mudpies!

Joeye's goes to soccer for the first time on Saturday. She's very excited. I will have to remember to put up pics of her in her uniform .. truly the cutest darn thing I've ever seen. The other girls are doing great in it .. you'd never know they were beginners!

Joshy is doing good also. Walking all over the house .. there is just no stopping him now.

I hope everyone out there is doing well.

Oh wait I almost forgot. I should be thanking my husband for allowing me to go to see Sex in the City with Amy (loved it by the way!) and then out for a drink and some appetizers afterwards while he slaved laying the top for the grass I wanted. Love ya babe!

PS - I wish I had time to proofread this but I just don't so fill in the blanks where needed = )

Comments:
I have not seen Sex in the City yet but am trying to plan something with my besties.

I'm SO jealous of your new sod - it's truly pathetic. I'd post a pic of our backyard to illustrate why I'm SO jealous but Aaron'd probably kill me...it's that bad.

Can't wait to see pics of everyone - I have a hard time believing how big my boys are too. Time is just flying by around here too!
 
Itès hard to believe how much eveyone in the family has grown, and I totally agree that time is moving by WAAAAAYYYY too fast.. I mean, Melanie turned 24 and is ENGAGED!!!! amanda turned 20 already... no longer in teen years.... And I will be turning 22 at the end of the month...living on my own in ottawa, With A CAREER in Hairdressing... Not just some out of high school job at macdonalds, but Something I actually had to go to school for! hahahah!!..

anyways, Glad to hear everyone is doing well..

P.S. I'm going home in july, flying into halifax... spending a night or two with melanie and jimmy, So Hopefully I get to see you and the kidwhen i'm down.... Can't say you and the girls anymore..:P
 
I'm relieved to know that it just isn't my world that is spinning faster and faster...could it be all those time saving devices are causing the world to go out of control?

Sounds like your family is living the adventure on all levels! Love hearing about it...makes my days seem more managable! Just kidding!

Keep posting when you can!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?