March 05, 2010

Update from Winter Wonderland

Talked to my Dad in South Africa today on Skype for $0 ... realizing my phone bill won't have an extra $25 charge on it for the call .. priceless ...

Haha finally Dad has dragged me into the Skype world. I wasn't purposely avoiding it, just lazy. It'll be much nicer on the pocket book to chat for free and not to mention it throws in the webcam video to boot. It was nice to see everyone!

The update of my cross country ski trip .. Well I did it and that's all that matters. I really did start getting nervous the day before we left realizing that I had never biked, walked, ran or did anything physical for 20 kms. I quickly started to doubt myself. It was a nice trip though. I had such a good time and felt so proud for making it .. however I didn't look that great doing. I'm not sure I was all that graceful to watch .. but I made it. Huge heaving pack on my pack and all! And yes I did carry my own beer in ...



We also happened to have a lovely snow day that week, the only one we've had all year ... it's only taking me about 30 years to realize that as a Canadian I may as well just embrace the cold old white stuff .. dress for it and it's not that bad at all!




You know though, right now, we don't have one bit of snow. Usually down here we would still be looking at getting hit by atleast another snow storm or two in March but I have to say I don't see much snow in the forecast at all. I guess it will be skiing at Martock on man-made ski trails.
































































Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?